tl;dr: We are Here To Travel, a website dedicated to exploring big cities, gazing open-mouthed at beautiful natural landscapes, trying out the latest street food creations, visiting pop-up cafes and shops and discovering what’s hiding behind the next corner.
I built this website, manage it day-to-day, write posts, run our social media accounts and shoot and edit our videos. I keep myself pretty busy!
I seek unique and lesser-known places and attractions. I’m also keen on making sure my travels are good value for money.
I’ve been to 28 countries on 4 continents.
I take most of the photos on this website, I collaborate with Matt on posts and write my own and I look after the Instagram & Pinterest accounts!
I love visiting places I’ve never been to before. It doesn’t matter if it’s abroad or right on my doorstep. The weekends are for exploring!
I’ve been to 24 countries on 3 continents.
We aim to:
- encourage you to do something today you’ve never done before.
- invigorate your curiosity and unearth a passion for exploration and open-mindedness.
- help you to embrace the ‘try something new‘ mantra
It is our goal to:
- bring you news of the latest events, attractions and trends from around the world of food & travel.
- make suggestions on where to stay, what to see, what to do and what to eat and drink while you’re visiting the coolest cities and regions across all seven continents.
We endeavour to uphold the values of:
- ecology – travel should have minimal impact on nature & the environment
- respect – our travels shouldn’t be to the detriment of others
- honesty – we will always ensure we are honest in our storytelling
- frugality – we’ll help you see the world for as little of your hard-earned cash as possible
How many countries have you visited?
Between us, we’ve visited 38 countries across 5 continents.
Are you a couple?
Yes, we are! In fact, we’re engaged!
When did Here To Travel first launch?
As a brand, Here To Travel launched in 2016. Before that, the website was known as Here To Geneva.
What are you using to run Here To Travel?
We use WordPress which is running our own VPS which in turn is managed by WPHostingSpot.