My stay at Courtyard @ Heeren Boutique Hotel in Malacca, Malaysia was as close to hotel perfection as I have been. Save for a couple of minor shortcomings, the fabulous staff, stunning decor and excellent location all made for a truly unforgettable trip. If you’re heading to Malacca (or ‘Melaka’ if you prefer), we can’t recommend this hotel enough.
To help you decide whether this hotel is right for you, we’ve summerised what we liked and what we didn’t like below. We’ve also rated the hotel using our standard review criteria and provided links to our hotel booking partners in the event you’ve heard enough and want to secure a room for your next trip.
- The staff were incredible, easily providing the best customer service I’ve ever experienced at a hotel. Upon arrival, someone carried my heavy bag up the stairs and showed me around my room. I was always greeted warmly when I walked through reception or when I passed someone in the corridor. At breakfast, the entire team greeted me in unison. One morning, I briefly sat in reception to read an email and within seconds, a glass of water was brought over. Every member of staff were brilliant and were key to making my stay as memorable as it was!
- Room rates are generally very low, especially considering the quality you get for your money.
- All rooms have flat screen TVs with an English language movie channel.
- Rooms are modern, spacious, bright, clean and beautifully furnished & decorated with a cosy brown and cream colour scheme.
- The hotel is very peaceful meaning a good night sleep is likely.
- A really hot and powerful rain shower, massively appreciated after spending the day out in the heat and humidity of Malacca.
- A great location, right in the centre of town and one street over from the Jonker Walk, home of the famous Night Market.
- Good add-ons. In-room tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, slippers, selection of toiletries all included.
- A firm, comfortable bed.
- The public areas and reception were really beautiful. Lots of water features and open courtyards. A real pleasure to explore and a completely unique ambiance.
- Breakfast included in the room price. Eggs cooked however you like, fresh tropical fruit, cereals, toast and a variety of hot options, all served in a stunningly beautiful cafe across the street from the hotel.
- Effective air conditioning.
- Free parking at the rear of the building.
- Free Wifi, with a strong signal in public areas.
- Whilst it was free, the Wifi was a bit unreliable. I couldn’t really get a signal in my room, so I often had to sit in the nearby courtyard where the signal was better. Thankfully, the courtyard was lovely, but I still would have preferred to use the Wifi in my room.
Hotel Information91, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, Taman Kota Laksamana, 75200 Melaka, Malaysia
Official Website | View on Tripadvisor